Please follow these steps if you start fresh:
- If you already have these 2 plugins configured properly, skip to the step 7
- Download the necessary files:
- Install Audacity as normal and extract all ZIP file (save it somewhere you can access it later)
- Open Audacity > Edit > Preference… > Libraries
- Locate the MP3 and FFMPEG plugins:
- Click MP3 Library > Locate.. button > Browse… and look for the the DLL file in the LAME folder that you extracted in step 2. (lame_enc.dll)
- Click FFmpeg Library > Locate.. button > Browse… and look for the the DLL file in the FFmpeg folder that you extracted in step 2. (avformat-55.dll)
- OK to save and exit Preference
- Open the Audacity > File > Open
- Select the MP4 file and let Audacity process it. Once it’s done, you will see the audio waves and you can modify if you’d like to.
- Select File > Export > Export as MP3 > select your preferred Bit Rate Mode > Save
- You are done
Now you copy this MP3 file to your USB, or fav players.
Hope this helps!